Unreal Engine Developer Team Leader
Abyssal is a software engineering company with more than 8 years of experience in the offshore subsea industry. With the motto “Vision In Depth” we provide cutting-edge technology ranging from 3D Augmented Reality, realistic subsea Simulator to Artificial Intelligence, Cloud solutions or even AUV’s remote control. We are technologically agnostic and every day we aim to be a step closer to our mission of digitalizing the subsea industry and actively reduce its carbon footprint.
We are looking for a highly motivated Unreal Developer Team Leader who will be responsible for a team of 4-5 people. Working closely with the other Team Leaders and CTO, you will design architectures for different solutions, ensure that best practices are followed and that product quality exceeds expectations. You must be a reference for the team, supporting their work and growth in order to deliver state-of-the-art products, helping the company reach its goals and go above and beyond clients expectations.
- Design architecture for systems and solutions for technically complex products;
- Evaluate and plan to achieve short to long term products and company goals;
- Develop products using technologies such as Unreal Engine 4, .Net C#, Python, PowerShell, among others;
- Working with and managing Epic partnership with Abyssal;
- Manage Git workflows and CI & CD pipelines;
- Analyze and identify where the team workflow can be optimized;
- Engage with BizDev team to find opportunities to transform ideas into competitive advantages;
- Teach & guide the team on the best procedures and practices, while fostering creativity.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology;
- +2 years of experience as software engineer;
- +2 years of experience with Unreal Engine;
- Advanced knowledge of Git;
- Knowledge of .Net C#, Python, Powershell;
- Experience developing with visual scripting alongside with C++;
- Team leader experience;
- Strong communication and teamwork skills;
- Experience in agile methodologies;
- Proactive, a problem solver and capable of “think-out-of-the-box”.
Nice to have:
- Rendering pipeline experience;
- Video rendering;
- DirectX 9/11/12 Knowledge;
- Experience with simulation software;
- Experience with other 3D Game Engines.
- Opportunity to actively contribute to reducing the carbon footprint;
- Experience in one of the most innovative tech companies in Portugal (1st winner of The Van Oord Innovation Challenge);
- Informal environment and flexible hours;
- Health insurance for you and your family (free for employees and significative discounts for family members);
- Travel Insurance for you and your family for free;
- Partnership discounts;
- Personalized training, providing personal and professional growth;
- Team Building activities;
- Fruit, coffee and occasionally some treats.