Abyssal is a software engineering company with more than 8 years of experience in the offshore subsea industry. With the motto “Vision In Depth” we provide cutting-edge technology ranging from 3D Augmented Reality, realistic subsea Simulator to Artificial Intelligence, Cloud solutions or even AUV’s remote control. We are technologically agnostic and every day we aim to be a step closer to our mission of digitalizing the subsea industry and actively reduce its carbon footprint.
We're looking for a highly-motivated, self-starting DevOps Engineer that is excited to learn new cloud technologies and languages.
- Help build reliable, high-performance, auto scaled and fault tolerant software through industry standard practices;
- Continuously implement changes to promote DevOps culture through Mentoring / Coaching of existing engineers;
- Inspiring and shaping high level best practices for infrastructure within the company;
- Collaborating for the full integration of automated workflows into a Continuous Delivery framework.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with AWS (or comparable cloud environments)
- Knowledgeable with containers and orchestration frameworks like Docker or Kubernetes
- Practical contact with configuration management frameworks such as Ansible and Terraform
- Understanding how desktop and web applications work under the hood
- Fluent with metrics, logs and everything related to monitoring
- Good at working with continuous integration/delivery tools such as Jenkins and TeamCity
- Capable of writing code to automate processes and tasks
- Expertise with linux environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience in C#, C++ or Python;
- Knowledge of Video streaming frameworks and infrastructure;
- Experience with Windows environment automation;
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4;
- Experience with frameworks for distributed processing of large data sets like Hadoop.
- Opportunity to actively contribute to reducing the carbon footprint;
- Experience in one of the most innovative tech companies in Portugal (1st winner of The Van Oord Innovation Challenge)
- Informal environment and flexible hours;
- Health insurance for you and your family (free for employees and significative discounts for family members);
- Travel Insurance for you and your family for free;
- Partnership discounts;
- Personalized training, providing personal and professional growth;
- Team Building activities;
- Fruit, coffee and occasionally some treats.